Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you.Jean-Paul Sartre
How simple and profound. How many of us are bound by chains real or figurative?I have lived my life based on heavy handed notions of responsibility learned from my father.Not simply self responsibility, but a sense of responsibility for anyone and everyone within my reach.
A big brother approach to life, always taking up the yoke for others and denying myself. Seems archaic as I ponder it. But it is what I am.
Last night as I lay in bed, feverish and aching I muttered aloud, and from deep within, "I am tired of being me."
It is not as though I can be or would care to be anyone else, just a deep down moment of realization. I have to break the chains and be free or I will drift away in misery. Being the man I am has nearly destroyed the spirit within.
Such a struggle to lay down arms and surrender to life. I have been privy to so many breaches of trust that I find myself incapable of complete trust. I in fact have no faith, although I wish I could, it is just not there.Chains must break before they break me.
Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you.Jean-Paul Sartre
No comments:
Post a Comment