Greenville Scottish Games 2013.
A dream come true for me, thanks to the support and encouragement of some beautiful people. My wife and family for giving me the nod to go forth and find my inner Scot, and several friends new and old who stepped up to give me that push.
Vaunette Coache, dear friend who called my bluff and provided tickets so I had no excuse, Craig Harward who put me in contact with Jarred Boan, coach and competitor, Carson Aull for giving me access to a helluva piece of lumber to train with. And the Strider family et al for giving me space to tear up dirt and get a feel for the action.
It was a magical weekend with my family from the beauty of the Great Scot Parade to the thrill of stepping onto the field of competition for the Scottish Heavy Games.
I will at some point write a poetic
ode I'm sure, but for now I'm nursing a pulled muscle and remembering a wonderful weekend.
Of course I would be remiss were I not to mention Clan Rep and former music teacher Thom Wood. Reconnecting with him after 34 years was just a fantastic topper to an amazing weekend.
Love and Peace. I need an ice bag ;)


No comments:
Post a Comment