Sunday, May 5, 2013

Sunday Rainy Sunday - The inner dialogue

Sunday Rainy Sunday - The inner dialogue

 Cinco de Mayo the perfect day to do a 5 mile trail run!  Except for the weather.  Gusting winds, tree falls, turtle crosses my path and I find out something about myself.  Even the smallest journey can lead to the most profound self awareness.


With wind gusting and rain stinging your face inner dialogue takes over. Sometimes you have some really interesting stuff to say to yourself when no one else is listening:
"It's cold". Yeah, keep moving and I won't feel it. "That tree, it just fell right next to you, don't you think you should turn back?" Nope, it was at least 20 feet away and rotten it would have fallen someday anyway. "Yes, but it fell today while you were shuffling by, I think it's a sign". You think everything is a sign.

"I was thinking, you keep saying you want to run with childish abandon". Yes, I know but I don't think that will happen. "Why not?, just connect with your inner child and fly". I don't have an inner child. "Yes you do, we all do". Not me, I grew up way too fast. "Yes you did, but he's in here somewhere". Nope don't think so. "You're being a poopie head!" OK, so there you are!

"Why am I running such a zig zag pattern?" We're following the trail. "How do you know it's the trail?" Easy, I'm following the blue marks on the trees. "And you sure those mark the trail?" Either that or there's a rogue squirrel with a can of Krylon and a wicked sense of humor on the loose. "Funny man". Yeah, I'll be hear all week...

"Um, are we almost there?" Really? "Just asking" If you must know I want to do at least do 5 miles for Cinco de Mayo. "Wouldn't nachos have been easier?" But not nearly as rewarding. "That's one part of your brain's opinion".
Are you done? "Yeah, I guess so" (chuckle out loud) What was that? "I just remembered you have a dairy allergy" Yeah, so? "We can't have nachos because you can't cut the cheese!!!" Hilarious, now shut up self. "Fine, poopie head"......


No comments:

Post a Comment